I’ve come across many situations with relatives and strangers behaving weirdly in an effort to entertain my little one… and I often wonder do people take things for granted just coz babies are not able to verbalize their true feelings and crying is something every grown up likes to decipher as convenient to them? Although parents are the closest individuals who may be in sync with the child’s feeling, there still are those stubborn, head strong relatives who think they know best! Its so frustrating to deal with such people and so I thought my kiddo would love to say these things to them if she could…
1. Please don’t try to grab me from my Ma or Paa’s arms the moment you see me.. you may look scary to me!
2. Don’t fling me in the air horizontal or vertical trying to entertain coz it does’nt and I throw up!
3. Do you change your clothes in the drawing-room with guests around?… I don’t think so.. then why should my diaper by changed just coz I’m a baby? Thank you Ma for respecting my privacy
4. To show your affection for me please don’t lift my top/dress/shirt to feel me or kiss me….. it’s not very classy… a simple hug and some cuddles also makes me happy!
5. Don’t try to make nonstop sounds and loud noises to make me stop crying…. you are adding to the already noisy situation and it doesn’t distract me
6. Feeding others is a milestone and it wont affect me psychologically for the rest of my life is you dont put my fingers or spoon in your mouth and take the food off it instead…you are not my Ma or Pa and its unhygienic anyways.
Would love to hear if your baby has some things to say!