Our weekend break prior to the onset of monsoons in Mumbai led us to Beyond – a first of its kind vineyard resort of Sula Wines located in Nashik. It took us 3.5 hours to reach by car and it was a good drive thanks to the well maintained Mumbai-Nashik highway!
Beyond Vineyard Resort is a great experience from the moment you enter. A little ahead of the Sula Vineyards, it is a beautifully landscaped property with a scenic driveway leading to the entrance.
With a wide selection of rooms, Beyond has a restaurant, a spa, gymnasium and a games room. Our package included a trip to the winery for a tour and some wine tasting! Needless to say the tour was well organized and we tasted a variety of Sula wines -as a result our favourite Sula wine now is the Sula Brut Rosé – a Rosé sparkling wine in a lovely pink colour .
Back at the resort, we relaxed and had a lovely time. Although the cuisine at their restaurant Cafe Rosé, is limited to Indian and Continental cuisine, the taste an variety of dishes can be better. With only one restaurant at the resort, we had the option of Soma or Little Italy at the Vineyard a few kms away.
We were given a complimentary Spa vouceer and I managed to get pampered with a 60 min Balinese massage, while my husband and little one caught up on the afternoon siesta. I wish I had more time to experience some of their signature spa treatments, organic spa facials or vinotherapy like the Red Wine Body Scrub or the Red Wine and Rose Facial. It was time to be happy with the one hour relaxation I got and leave the rest for the next visit!
What we liked about Sula:
– Tour of the winery and the wine tasting
– Comfortable stay at Beyond, with a co-operative and courteous staff
– A beautifully landscaped resort with entertainment options for children and adults
– Clean and well-maintained rooms
– Complimentary Spa therapy was an icing on the cake!
– Our favorite Sula Wines: Sula Brut Rosé , Dindori Reserve Viognier, Sula Zinfandel
What we did’nt enjoy:
– The map giving the driving directions was incorrect. The Hindustan Hardy Spicer is a T junction where we need to take a left and gollow the road till we reach another T junction of papaya nursery. After the papaya nursery, its the 2nd left after hotel Guru Krupa. After this turn there are Sula Vineyard signs leading the way till we reach the location.
– The towels provided were an anti-thesis to the ambience of the room and resort
– The food at Cafe Rosé did nothing to tantalize our taste buds. It can surely be better.
We would still recommend it to anyone who is keen on a vineyard visit and wants to experience Sula! It was surely a super relaxing getaway just a few hours from Mumbai- just what a full time mommy needs to get a break from the daily chores!